1a. Store address
Defines your shop’s address (country and province), where you are based as a seller. It determines default tax rates and customer locations.
1b. General Options
Choose to sell to all countries or to specific countries. You can choose multiple countries / regions.
Choose to ship to only those countries you sell to or a subset of countries. You can also disable shipping and all shipping-related functionality.
Default Customer Address
Choose the location we assume site visitors are in, before they enter it, to calculate tax and shipping.
- Shop base address tells the system to assume they are in the same location as your shop.
- No address gives them no location, so no shipping fees are calculated until they provide an address.
- Geolocate address verifies where their current location and calculates shipping fees accordingly.
- Geolocate with page caching support is the same as above, but does the geolocation via Ajax.
2. Inventory Options
Choose whether to enable stock management. If selected, you have these options:
- Manage stock
- Enable stock management – Inventory for physical products is auto-managed. You enter quantity, and the system subtracts items as sales are made, displaying: Stock, Out of Stock or On Backorder.
- Disable (box left unticked) – Inventory and status for physical products must be entered manually. You can still Enable Stock Management on a per-product level if desired.
- Hold Stock (minutes) – Hold products (for unpaid orders) for X minutes. When limit is reached, the pending order is canceled. Leave blank to disable. Please note that this will work for orders in the “Pending payment” status, but not “On hold”.
- Enable low stock notifications
- Enable out of stock notifications
- Notification Recipient – Enter email address for notifications.
- Low Stock Threshold – Number of products to trigger low stock notification
- Out Of Stock Threshold – Number of products to trigger out of stock status.
- Out Of Stock Visibility – Choose to hide out of stock items from catalog.
- Stock Display Format
- Always show stock – “12 in stock”
- Only show stock when low – “Only 2 left in stock” vs. “In stock”
- Never show amount
3. Shipping Settings
3a. Shipping Options
- Enable the shipping calculator on the cart page
- Hide shipping costs until an address is entered
Ship to billing address or customer shipping address by default or only ship to the user’s billing address.
4. Payments Settings
Go to: QuaterMaster > Settings > Payments to control which payment gateways are enabled.
Installed gateways are listed and can be dragged and dropped to control the order in which they display to customers on the checkout.
5. Accounts and Privacy Settings
Go to QuarterMaster > Settings > Accounts and Privacy to control options relating to customer accounts and data retention.
- Allow customers to place orders without an account – Allows customers to check out without creating an account. Orders will not be tied to a user account in the system.
- Allow customers to log into an existing account during checkout – This displays a login form and prompt on the checkout page if the customer is not already logged in.
- Allow customers to create an account during checkout
- Allow customers to create an account on the My account page
- Automatically generate username from customer email – If this is disabled, there will be an input box for the user to create their own username.
- Automatically generate customer password – If this is disabled, there will be an input box for the user to set their own password. Note that while the password strength notification will be displayed at Checkout, customers can choose any password so as to not limit conversions. On the My Account page, the password will need to meet certain complexity requirements (i.e. a combination of the number of characters and mixture of uppercase / lowercase / numeric / symbol characters).
Account erasure requests
- Remove personal data from orders – The system allows you to remove personal data on request. If you enable this option, user data will also be removed from your orders if they belong to the user being erased.
- Remove access to downloads – If this option is enabled , download data will also be removed if it belongs to the user being erased.
Personal data removal
- Allow personal data to be removed in bulk from orders – Adds a new bulk action to remove personal data on the Orders page. Useful if you need to manually anonymise orders in bulk.
5b. Personal Data Retention
For each option, enter a number and choose the duration from days, weeks, months, or years. Leaving these options blank will disable them.
- Retain inactive accounts – Inactive accounts are accounts which have not logged in nor placed an order for the specified duration.
- Retain pending orders – Pending orders are unpaid or abandoned and should not need to be fulfilled.
- Retain failed orders – Failed orders are unpaid or abandoned and should not need to be fulfilled.
- Retain cancelled orders – Cancelled orders were orders cancelled on purpose by either the admin or the customer, or timed out waiting for payment.
- Retain completed orders – Completed orders were fulfilled in the past.